Sunday, January 4, 2009

Arrival!

Day One:
Wooo!  It's finally happened!  Being in Kaysville was wonderful cuz I was able to spend time with all of my family for the holidays but other than that I just felt like I was in limbo.  I was no longer home in Provo and I wasn't yet in New York.  I just needed to be in one or the other.  And now I am!  

The plane ride was long and I only had a 30 minute layover in Houston and the plane I was on so I literally got off the plane, ran to the next gate and hopped on.  So I was pretty stiff from sitting in the same position for 8 hours.  I swear we took the longest possible route from SLC to Newark.  I'm pretty sure we traveled a little into Canada before finally heading east.  And it was pretty windy and so when we were landing it was really rough.  Definitely lost all desire to eat.  And that wasn't good cuz I hadn't eaten all day.

I met the parents, Rachel and Amar, at the baggage claim and we grabbed two of my bags and talked while we waited for the third.  And waited.  And waited... Yeah, it had missed the connecting flight.  Don't ask me how (maybe it had to take a quick trip to the restrooms?).  Anyways, the airlines said they'd deliver it once it had arrived.  

So we went home to their apartment and it is gorgeous!  This place is huge!!!  My room alone is larger than our living room at the Branbury.  They have two floors and then stairs that lead up to the roof.  I took some amazing pictures up there.  I tried to hold the camera steady but it is freezing here!  So the pics may be a little blurry.   I will post them as soon as I can.  My computer is actually my TV as well.  I'm typing this with a portable mouse and keyboard and my monitor is the TV screen.   I also have built in speakers in my ceiling and I can play my iPod, the radio, or satellite radio through.  Oh, and I have a skylight above my bed.  This place is incredible!

No comments: